This fries is something that i discovered by pure accident. I admit its not a very presentable dish when guests are in but it more than makes it up in the taste. This happened when i tried to fry the netholi in a manchatti. It kind of stuck to the bottom and I had to spoon it out, shredding the netholi in the process. I just threw in a lot of curry leaves and served it right away. Trust me you wil simply love this with plain rice and moru curry.
You Need :
- Netholi- 1 kg, cleaned
- Masala for marination
- Red Chilly Powder - 4 tsp
- Corainder Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Onions - 1 no, chopped, to garnish
- Oil - To shallow fry
Method of Preparation
- Mix all the masala with a bit of water and marinate the fish for about 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a shallow manchatti.
- Fry the fish in batches, adding lot of curry leaves.
- Never mind if the fish sticks to the bottom. Use a wooden spatula to keep stirring the fish around.
- Once it becomes nice and crispy , transfer the batch to a plate covered with tissue paper. This will help absorb the excess oil.
- Once all the batches are done , garnish with the chopped onions and serve hot.