This thoran is a brilliant way to get kids eat veggies. The egg adds just that touch. This is mostly how I get my daughter P to each veggies along with rice.
You Need :
- Beans - 2 handful, chopped
- Carrot - 1 no, chopped
- Egg - 1 nos
- Onion - 2 nos , finely chopped
- Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - 1 cup (160 ml)
- Oil - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation
- Wash and chop the beans and carrot into fine cubes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions, beans , carrot , salt and curry leaves.
- Mix well and add 1 cup of water.
- Cook covered for about 6-7 minutes. Then cook uncovered until it becomes dry.
- Switch off flame.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, heat oil and scrable the egg, by adding salt.
- Switch off the flame and mix the eggs with the carrot-beans mixture.
- Serve hot. This is a good accompainment for rice.